Ratten Row Crossing

On early maps up to the early 1900's this lane and crossing was named "Rotten Row", but had been renamed to "Ratten Row" before the Forge Valley Line had closed. The crossing keepers cottage here stood on the south side of the railway and lane.

It became the first crossing keepers cottage on the line to be demolished, with a more modern property built in its place.

1891

Henry Hartley was a platelayer at Ratten Row gate house in 1891.

1939

Grace Baker was the gatekeeper at Ratten Row in 1939.