Allerston Lane Crossing Keepers cottage in June 1995, with Ebberston Station immediately to the right.

Allerston Lane Crossing

Allerston Lane crossing keepers house is located next to Ebberston station.

After closure, it became 'Station Cattery' for a time in the 70's.

An extension has been added to the property on the railway side.


Mr Thompson Widd was a platelayer living at Allerston "Gate House" in 1891 and still there in 1901. Thompson was brother to Henry Widd of Broadmire Crossing and Richard Widd of Westfield Crossing. Thompson had moved to Ebberston Crossing by 1911.


In 1911 Harland Postill was platelayer with his wife Mary at Allerston Crossing. By 1939 they had moved to Wilton Carr crossing.