Fothill Bridge

The second and final crossing of the A170 heading east by the Forge Valley Lane was immediately east of Wykeham Station over the iron girder Fothill bridge where Fothill Lane and Sandybed Lane met the main road.

Fothill Bridge was demolished shortly after tracklifting in May 1952. The embankment leading up to the bridge at either side was also cut back to improve visibility for road users.