A historical archive of the Pickering to Scarborough Railway
The Forge Valley Railway connected Pickering to Scarborough. Opened on 1st May 1882 and closed just 68 years later on 3rd June 1950 the line was 16¼ miles in length and had six intermediate stations, all of which were built to a uniform design. It left the Malton to Whitby main line half a mile south of Pickering at Mill Lane Junction and joined the York to Scarborough main line at Seamer Junction, 2 miles from the coast.
Amongst lots of interesting facts, there are trackplans, images and stories about each station and their staff. To anyone interested in the Forge Valley Line, this book is essential, but unfortunately out of print and hard to get hold of.