G5 67273 at Mill Lane Junction

G5 67273 at Mill Lane Junction

Just over a week after the closure of the Forge Valley Line, the G5 67273 which hauled the last train passes a Mill Lane Junction bound for Gilling with the 5.50pm Pickering to Gilling train on 13th May 1950.

The crossing keepers cottage is to the right and the track on the left is a siding which leads to the coal drops that stand next to Pickering engine shed.

The tracks diverge east to Scarborough and west to Gilling immediately behind the camera.

Source : The North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Past & Present Vol.2 - John Hunt
Copyright : J.W. Armstrong
« Mill Lane Junction

Photos of :