Forge Valley Station circa 1904
Forge Valley Station looking west

Forge Valley Station

The station at West Ayton was named Forge Valley, possibly to avoid confusion with Great Ayton near Middlesbrough.

The station yard provided a goods warehouse, sheep dock and coal cells. Just west of the station was a short siding for loading in the adjacent timber yard.

Exports for Forge Valley in 1911:
Tickets sold : 19,518
Timber : 458 tons
Wagons of Livestock : 25 wagons

Photos of Forge Valley Station :